Wellbeing practice can be anything that supports a greater mental strength and helps you feel anchored to yourself. The most challenging thing about these practices is remembering to actually do them and to be present with the experience.
These are not meant to feel like a chore or yet another thing on your to do list, so pick a practice that you will look forward to engaging in. Here are 5 simple ideas anyone can do daily.
1. Upon awaking, take a few minutes to get in touch with how you want to feel during the day. Remind yourself of that feeling throughout the day.
2. Listen to or read something uplifting and inspirational. Write down parts that resonate with you so you can keep revisiting them.
3. Spend time in nature/outdoors even if just for a few minutes.
4. Reflect on & celebrate a win from the past week/month. Think about what makes it so meaningful?
5. Detach from negative moods and thoughts by writing them down. You don't have to take them with you everywhere you go.
Dwelling in mistakes is pointless and it leads to reliving them over and over without change.
When you make a mistakes, you have an option to beat yourself up and give yourself a hard time, or you can learn the lesson, take the loss, and let it go.
It doesn’t matter if what you believe about yourself is true. When you notice a familiar story or belief coming up, ask yourself:
1. Is this story/belief useful?
2. Is it getting me closer or further away from what I truly want for myself?
3. How do I feel when I believe this story?
Some questions can only be answered by the future you.
👉 “Will it be worth it?”
👉 “Am I making the right decision?” or
👉 “Is this where I’m supposed to go next?”
… can only be answered in the future.
If you’re struggling to find answers, ask yourself:
Is this a question for the future me?