Always treat yourself in the same way you’re asking others to treat you. If you want others to behave a certain way towards you, be honest with yourself first:
Are you treating yourself in the same way?
Are you asking others to fulfill needs that even you’re not sure how to fulfill?
In honor of my 37th birthday (and totally inspired by Kevin Kelly’s unsolicited advice he offered on his birthday), I decided to share 37 pieces of insights, practical wisdom, and reflections that I (do my best to) live by or that helped me sometimes throughout my life.
Some of these are personal observations through my own experiences and others are lessons I collected from others.
Take any that may serve you and let go of the ones that don’t. Here are the first 5!
1. When frustrated or impatient, zoom out of the present moment and focus on the big picture. If it is not a life-changing decision, do your best with what you have and move on.
2. Stop rushing, *there* is not better than *here*. It’s about the journey, so learn how to enjoy the process of getting there.
3. If you need to force something, maybe it’s not meant for you in this moment.
4. Facts don’t hurt, only painful stories we tell ourselves hurt. If you’re willing to let go of the painful story and focus on the facts, your pain will diminish.
5. Most things we stress about, turn out to be completely irrelevant and they don’t make any dent in our lives.